Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lumpia and a really big OB



Good Day everyone! Uncle Tom here with an all new restaurant review. Yesterday I was able to take in a filipiniana restaurant downtown with a couple of chicks that I work with. We were the only 3 people in the place so our service was really quick which is always a good thing. The first item that I ordered when we sat down was a huge mug of another beer native to Asia called OB (which stand for Oriental Beer hee hee).

We all ordered a plate of the lumpia but because one of the girls that I went with had actually eaten lunch at the same place earlier in the day, our waitress gave us a free plate of chicken fried rice which I though was really cool. The lumpia was awesome!! I took a picture of it so here you go:

The best part about being the only 3 customers in the place was that we had free reign over the music selection. All the bars in downtown Songtan (the city outside the gate) have their music stored on computers and the customers are able to pick and choose songs to their liking and the bars/restaurants don't mind. Again since we were the only ones we were able to pick our playlists. The first musician that we listened to was R.Kelly.... There is nothing better than enjoy a nice cold draft, eating some great lumpia while the music of a weirdo is being played at an obnoxious level. But after about 6 or 7 R. Kelly songs we were able to move onto some Mary J. and then unto some Lil' Jon, and Nelly and even someone named T.I. Finally we listened to some Marvin Gaye where the discussion revolved around what song/album of his is the best (What's Goin On!! Right? Keoki and Canowine). I did get to listen to Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young... that was a great 30 seconds until it was changed to Borderline by Madonna where I was able to watch a sing along by my co-workers. Let me tell you, beer never tasted so good. All in all it was a good night because I was able to take some pictures, I will let you all know about my day on Sunday where I just basically relaxed, played the guitar and did some cleaning around the room. Oh wait I think I just ruined that post...... My next post will be about my room/living conditions. I will also have to attach a picture of the waitress from last night on my next post.

Take Care everyone.

Uncle Tom Out!

4 comments:

RC666 said...

That is a huge mug of beer, bout time you actually blogged productively. I see below they even have juicy girls at baseball games...lol. Sorry my phone is off when I am sleeping it's only 9am here when you call, I'll try to have it on tomorrow. Take care bro! Did you hear your name at the sonic youth?

SugarDuck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SugarDuck said...

Damn that lumpia looks good!

John said...

Creepy...I was just singing Borderline the other day, and again today, for no reason at all. It just popped into my head. We may be apart, but we still have that connection. And if that sounds gay, just remember that dudes don't say "Hee Hee."