Monday, July 24, 2006

Uncle Tom kicks it with Menudo and Ricky Martin is nowhere to be found!



GREETINGS EVERYONE! I know what you are all thinking and yup your Uncle Tom is back and readying to blog some more. So, after a brief hiatus to Hell's Waiting room (or Texas as the rest of the world calls it) I'm back in Korea. My recent trip to the motherland was great. It felt good to be back in the states and I was able to spend time with the Keoki and his family and Sugarduck flew in to see me after 2 months of not being in each others company. The picture that you see above was taken at a little hole in the wall restaurant called Taqueria Guadalajara. I had a small bowl of menudo and a plate of Carne Guisada (Beef tips in Gravy!). Sugarduck ordered some Bistec Tampiquena. Our order is below:


The beef tips were so good but my love of gravy can make me biased on some things. Now that I am back, my happy readers, I hope to be writing some more. I still have to post about my current room and also I will be going downtown to sample some more goods. One of the recent foods that I've tried is Jellyfish which to be perfectly honest isn't so good (surprise surprise). I want to offer you a preview of what I hope is my next post. Behold ladies and gentlemen, the shower that I wash in:



I know that if the Keoki were here, his head would probably explode or he would be speaking in tongues saying crazy stuff like "Coke and Pepsi taste the same" On a serious note, if you are ever in the area, feel free to stay the night, just be sure to bring some shower shoes!

UNCLE TOM OUT!!!

3 comments:

SugarDuck said...

Well now I know what to expect when I go out there...

SugarDuck said...

I was trying to be upbeat but the Keoki is right, that shower is a nightmare!

John said...

You guys are LIVING LA VIDA LOCA.