Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Uncle Tom chows down with some Journey, Chicago, and even Bonnie Tyler



Hello my happy readers! Uncle Tom here with another post about another dining experience from Songtan City Korea! As you can tell from the picture above, an OB was needed to get through the meal. Dinner was at "Filipino Restaurant" (yes, that is the name of the place). This was a new restaurant for Uncle Tom since the previous one that I went to "Subic Bay" has a little problem with tiny roaches making their way into the food that is served. Gross right? So anyway, the restaurant has a first floor and also a basement dining area where in addition to having a fine ethic meal, one can be entertained by the soulful singing voices of the towns finest juicey girls/karokie professionals...... We will get to that in a minute so please be patient. The meal started with the traditional appetizer of lumpia which is always a good thing. I didn't get a picture of that because well, if you look in my previous posts you can see that lumpia was already showcased. The main course was a spicy chicken dish whose name escapes me right now. I will have to edit this post at a later time so that I can tell you the name. But here is what the dish looks like:



Of course no picture of food can look good without an Uncle Tom tasting it so here you go...



Ahhhh how your Uncle Tom loves to try new things!! Now back to the music shall we. It was apparent that the local juicy girls were off for the night. Well at least the 5 or 6 that were at this place. Their table was located right next to the karokie machine. The sound was uber-loud. The volume must have been at an unreasonable "11". We did ask them why not just make "10" louder, but they came back with a resounding "but it goes to 11" AHHHHH touche' So dinner was served while we listen to "Open Arms", "You're the Inspiration", "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and various Korean ballads that I'm sure had some deep emotional meaning to 16 year olds. I felt like I should either:

1. Be at a high school dance hoping to cop a feel on a girls butt all the while my hands are on her waist and her hands are around my shoulders (in the meantime, the principal is glaring at us for being too close).

2. It is a Friday night and I'm at the skating rink hoping that said girl will allow me to drag her around during "couples skate"

3. Said girl and I are driving along in my Trans Am on Saturday night and I'm wearing some kick-ass jeans, a t-shirt and leather jacket (Canowine you know what I'm talking about).

But no, none of these things was actually occuring, instead I downed my beer, ordered another one an enjoyed my food.

Uncle Tom OUT!!

4 comments:

RC666 said...

You need to turn on your word verification so you don't get those spam fucking comments.

Nice Girls YYY shirt, HB has the same one fairy! Looks like some good food. And you look like you'd fit in good as a juicy girl!

The Devil said...

HA HA HA HA HA........

I was going to say that I have the same shirt...I have to be concientious of not photographing myself with it on now...

Thanks for ruining it for both of us...

PS....GOOD FOOD.....

SugarDuck said...

You look good honey, I am glad to see your wedding ring on prominent display, and to see you finally eating some good food instead of all that jellyfish!

John said...

Black leather jacket, black or white T-shirt. Anything else would have been out of uniform!!

Dude, I played "Open Arms" for a piano recital once in high school. That was one of my low points.

Wish we were there feasting with you.