Monday, August 07, 2006

Hotter than the Earth's core and Uncle Tom can still hang out!



Happy Greetings my readers! Uncle Tom here with another travel report/food review. This past weekend I was able to Suwon City. The only disadvantage was the fact that the temperature was about 50,000 degress. The tops of my hands were actually sweating, what the heck is that!?!??! We took the subway and were dropped off at Suwon Station which is not only a subway station but also a 8 story mall. Lunch was at a restaurant on the 8th floor. It was a great little Korean place, I had what's called a Pork Cutlet. Check it out:

After lunch I wanted to check out the local sights and hopefully see the fortress that surrounds the entire city. What really made the day was the hike halfway up to the top of the fortress walls. Here are the steps that I think numbered in perhaps the million billions:


It really wouldn't have been that bad. The heat just wore you down. Once halfway up, there was a "Happy Suwon" trolley that wound halfway around the fortress. I took that but you have to check out the front. How cool is this?

Yup, that's my ride! It left at 4pm I boarded at about 3:40. So that meant 20 minutes of mind numbing sweat inducing heat that melted my core. This is where the hand sweating began. We finally took off and basically just drove around. The comfort from the wind feathering my sweat soaked hair was like kissing the heavens. Keoki, it's basically like your neck of the woods right now and I hate it just as much. When the tour ended at the halfway point, we had to get a taxi back to the subway station but before we took off, we saw that the fortress has an archery course!! Holy Crap, how cool is that? The next time I go, my lovely readers, your Uncle Tom is going to throw down some arrows. Well, that's it for tonight, my A/C is out in the room and I'm tired and just want to get to bed. I will post about my return to the subway station and the crazy food that I ate (some sort of meat product that a lady handed me) So my happy readers, Jo un Haro Dae Seyo (Have a nice day)

your Uncle Tom Loves YOU!

3 comments:

SugarDuck said...

I wish you could have come to San Francisco this weekend! It was nice and cool. A nice break from Maryland at this time.

Uncle Tom said...

I would have loved to have been there with you!!! Nice and Cool sounds soooooo good right now.

RC666 said...

NYC wasn't cool, well it was but not the temp. Didn't get to go to CBGBs we couldn't find it and forgot to call 411 for directions. You so need to steal the dragon car. Remember TSgt Wright, he would had creamed his pants!