Friday, June 16, 2006


One Month

Well, it's been a long month and your Uncle Tom is finally settled in a dorm room!! Yup 30 yrs old and back in a dorm setting (good times, good times). So, what mysteries will I unravel here you ask? Well, hopefully nothing too scandalous. Although they do enjoy drinking Soju and coke, and Soju Kettles, and Ammo Bowls here (don't ask)!! I actually have just recently moved into a dorm room so I am quite happy that I am no longer living out of a suitcase. The picture that you see above is one from a trip that I took to Sokumo Island and Bomun Temple. The picture at the bottom of the link is a carving of Buddha that is a the top of many many steps. A Monk is stationed in the center in a small wooden box from where he can worship the image of Buddha. I didn't take any photos up at the top or inside the temples because there were people worshiping, I asked a native to Korea if it would be okay to take pictures next time and they assured me that it wouldn't be a problem. So the next temple that I go to I will post some pics of that as well. I have been able to go Deep Sea Fishing already and I took in a baseball game in Seoul. I will post those pics next as well as pics of some food that I've been able to eat. I look forward to adding to this and I hope that you can enjoy my travels through these pictures.

-Uncle Tom

3 comments:

SugarDuck said...

This is the best blog that has ever been!

SugarDuck said...

I hope there will be restaurant reviews along with the food pictures!

John said...

Visiting your blog is like rubbing the belly of the Buddha!