Monday, June 19, 2006

Steamed Uncle Tom



Greetings Everyone! Uncle Tom here with some more food pics and another restaurant review. As you can tell from the above picture they like their Ramen STEAMING HOT in Korea. RC666, I could only think of you man while I had dinner. But this ramen was AWESOME. It was a spicy broth that had clams and bits of squid in it, much better than that crap that you used to eat in the office. The first part of the meal that came out was the kimchee as all meals do here. Their were 3 dishes of the kimchee, one was just the cabbage, one was cucumbers (super cool) and the other was pickled radish. Here you can get an idea as to what the look like:

Right after the kimchee came out the waiter brought out the Fried Mandu. It's sort of like a fried dumbling that you dip in a spicy soy sauce. It is one of my favorite dishes from here:

Pretty much all the meals here in Korea are served quickly. Dinners and appetizers are supposed to be shared among everyone so they bring out everything pretty much at once. I was able to have dinner with another one of my co-workers. She ordered a dish that I had tried last week when I was at the same restaurant. It was honestly the spiciest dish that I have ever had. When I had it by myself, I almost didn't finish it (Sorry Canowine and Keoki but I'm still all man baby). It was a Spicy Ramen with Fish and a Hard Boiled Egg. Check out how red and mean food can look:

My dish, well you can see from the first pic that Uncle Tom is happy. I will have to post another blog with a pic from my bowl. The food here is good so for that I am thankful. As soon as I know what trip I am taking this weeked, I will be sure to let you my loyal readers know. Have a wonderful day and Your Uncle Tom Loves You!

3 comments:

SugarDuck said...

This is 1000 times better than Rick Steves!

John said...

The ramen with fish and hard boiled egg looks super delicious.

Who is this "Rick Steves"??

SugarDuck said...

Rick Steves is a weenie tool with a PBS show. He gets to travel all around Europe and tells you about it in his squeaky voice. Sometimes his weiner kids come too.